Wednesday, July 9, 2008

More Africa Stuff

On Sunday, we went to church with Mom and Dad in George where they had been missionaries for the first nine months of their mission. I am so sad that we didn't take pictures with any of their friends there. I don't know what we were thinking.

After church, we went to the condo and fixed lunch. I am ashamed to admit it, but I was still not sleeping at night, so I went upstairs to take a nap and everyone else went to the Indian Ocean beach. As you can see from the pictures, it was beautiful and I slept through it all.



Karin, Abby, and Kendra having a blast.


Monday was a HUGE day. We started out by getting up at the crack of dawn and heading for the zipline. We were the first group of the day. First we watched a video telling us what we were about to do and then, we went to suit up. Mom and Dad were not sure that they had the upper body strength to go with us, so they stayed behind while Joyce, Dave, Kendra, Karin, Abby and I pressed forward. I have to tell you that I was pretty nervous. I'm not a great lover of heights and some of the platforms are REALLY high up in the trees.


Abby, Karin, Kendra and I admiring our hineys.

Joyce and I showing our true feelings.


Me, Abby, Kendra, Karin, Dave, and Joyce, trussed up and ready to go. Dave looked just like Fireman Bob. I think we finally just called him Mr. Fireman for the rest of the zipline experience.

It was a great adventure and, surprisingly, I would do it again. It really wasn't very scary. We couldn't carry cameras while we zipped through the trees, but I do have some photos the company took. I'll post some of them later.

After we finished at the zipline, we went to the Elephant Sanctuary, Monkeyland, and Birdland. It was a very full day.

No comments: